Sunday, February 12, 2006

Understanding Woman, A Myth or A Reality?

Yesterday, I went to the last program of the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival and saw 4 short films by woman directors! Konkana Sen Sharma’s "Naam Karan", Jenny Pinto's "Rose Mahal", Indrayanee Mukherjee's "Blank verse" and Nishtha Jain's "Call It Slut". Rahul Bose(who acted in Mr and Mrs Iyer) was standing just behind me! After watching these movies, I started thinking about the topic, "How much you can understand woman?" From my experiences, what I have heard and seen and what I have read, I started compiling few things about woman!

1) Woman likes to be pampered!
2) She wants to get attention!
3) She wants guys to run after her even if she is not interested in that guy!(One gal told me exactly this)!
4) When she wants something to be done, she tries every trick to get it done!
5) She is quite emotional but can have the heart of a stone!
6) "Tears" is both a "weakness" and also "weapon" of a woman!
7) A woman can influence a man and make him work hard and successful! The other side can also happen! She can make him completely down and out!

and the list goes on! So in a way, understanding woman, looks like a myth after all! So it was not surprising to see this article in DNA Newspaper today morning!

Men seek help. Is women’s panel listening?

I would like to hear what feminists and others want to say about this?

14 comments:

Amit said...

Shanta, tell us precisely what happened with you. What recent tragedy triggered this post!

BTW, great that you were so close to Rahul Bose. Didn't you tell him that (3,5,7) is the only triplet of primes of the form (2m+1, 2m+3, 2m+5)?

Anonymous said...

Tum..m...m...m pukar lo
Tumhara integer [sic] hai...

Dr Shanta Laishram said...

@Amit

I didn't have any recent tragedy but I definitely had some experience with gals! As to your 2nd question, Rahul was just standing behind me for at least 10 minutes and I was thinking whether I should talk to him or not! Better sense prevailed over me and I didn't tell him any Mathematics! But I guess he will be definitely interested :-)

@Vivek
What does this mean? Nowadays becos' of noise pollution, its better to sms than call![:-)]

Anonymous said...

Yup! Anyway you can factorise your integers and make them smaller! Wish you have a highly composite integer! :)

Dr Shanta Laishram said...

You know, Highly composite numbers are abundant in nature and these were the subject of studies by many including Ramanujan! But what do you want me to have, highly composite numbers of what?

Anonymous said...

Hi Shanta,
I heard u were dancing on the sea shore. Any interesting developement on your side?? :) Obviously apart from Maths. I'm very weak in Maths.. :(
Krishna

Anonymous said...

Kya Shanta... Numbers are all that matters... Of what doesn't matter, right? :)

Dr Shanta Laishram said...

@ Anonymous

What? Do you think that seashore is a dancing stage or something? Whatever you heard, you heard wrongly!

There are lots of interesting developements for developements are always inetresting! Who are you Krishna? I am not able to recollect anyone with the name Krishna!

Amit said...

@Vivek: I am highly impressed with your version of "Tum pukar lo". Very relevant for Shanta's condition today!

@Shanta: You are our prime man (p_1) today! Let us know if you find another prime (p_2). It will be very interesting to know the product p_1.p_2.

"Shanta is prime, primes are sexy, so are the dancers! Shanta is a sexy prime dancer!"

Anonymous said...

Shanta.... You forgot my cousin? X) I'll kill you!

Dr Shanta Laishram said...

@Vivek and Krishna

I am sorry! If you had written as Krishna(not as Anonymous), I would have definitely known(and try to remember) but then I thought otherwise!

@Vivek

All numbers does not matter! Special numbers like primes and others matter :-)

@Amit
By the way, p_1=2, p_2=3, and so on..
If you had written P_1... etc, it would have been different.
Again primes are also twins, cousins etc so that do you wanna say I am a twin(cousin) prime dancer? [;)]

Anonymous said...

Once upon a time,
There was a prime,
Who didn't like to rhyme,
And that was the end of the prime.

Anonymous said...

Use your time more productively

Anonymous said...

in 7), the word "work" can be omitted.